Large experience of operating most of early kidney cancers and bladder cancers by laparoscopic & endoscopic surgery (Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy and TURBT respectively).
- Prostate Cancer
Prostate Cancer is becoming the Second most common cancer in major Indian Cities. PSA Testing is the only reliable way of detection
Specialization & Expertise
Kidney cancer often presents as a pain in the abdomen or blood in urine. Many times it can be detected incidentally in the ultra-sonogram.
Penile & Testicular Cancer
Genital Cancers such as Testicular cancer need regular self-examination of the testis. Prevention of Penile cancer is by proper penile hygiene.
Symptoms of Urological Cancers:
Urological cancers may take time to reveal themselves. The lack of awareness regarding detection of urological tumours is also another reason why most urological cancers present in advanced stages to our clinics. Here are the top five signs of urological Cancers that you must know about according to leading cancer surgeon
- Bleeding in Urine: Both Kidney and Bladder Cancers present initially with blood in urine. Often this bleeding is ignored and we loose the first chance to nip the cancer in the bud. Prostate cancer and penile cancer may also present with bleeding in urine but in the advanced stages
- Lower abdominal Pain: In some cases there may be pain in the lower abdomen or the sides along with heaviness
- Weight loss and lack of appetite: As cancer grows one feels weak and the appetite dies away. These unusual symptoms are a concern when it comes to cancer and any unintentional weight loss must be taken seriously
- Inability to retract foreskin: Foreskin hygiene is a key factor for prevention of penile cancer. If you are unable to retract the foreskin and clean it properly you must consult a urologist before signs of cancer develop
- Lumps or irregularities on the testicles: Often men notice a lump or increase in size of the testicles. This is a late sign of testicular malignancy. Any lump or bump in the testis should be investigated by a urologist