Surgical Excellence in Endoscopic Stone surgery with experience of 1500+ cases. Extensive experience in various challenging scenario like large(25-100 mm) multiple complex stones(Staghorn), stones in small children (<5yrs) and high risk patients –elderly, morbidly obese, patients with diabetes, heart Disease, renal insufficiency , recurrent stones and tubeless PCNL, mini PCNL.
Advantages of Endoscopic Stone surgery compared to tradional open stone surgery
- No or Small incision(Cut) < 1 cm
- Minimal scarring
Open stone surgery scar vs PCNL Scar
- Minimal Pain
- Minimal Bleeding
- Faster recovery and healing
- Short hospital stay and quick return to work
Disadvantages/Risk of Endoscopic Stone surgery
- Very low risk surgery, if performed by an urologist who is specifically trained in this technique.
- Increase surgical expense because of use of Expensive equipments/technology. Small delicate endoscopes, Lasers for stone fragmentation, Real time digital Xray(Fluroscopy)- all these adds to the surgery cost
Various Types of Endoscopic stone surgery performed-
Ureteroscopic removal of stone (URS) for stones in urine tube(Ureter)
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for large stones in Kidney
Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery (RIRS) for small stones in Kidney